Groups are CONFIDENTIAL. Please do not repeat any information that another member has shared.
Confidentiality is necessary so we know that what is said here, stays here.
Groups are ANONYMOUS. The names of the individuals that are attending the space must not be
repeated outside the space.
ABUSE of any type is not acceptable in this space. Examples of abuse may be swearing, telling jokes that
put people down, bullying, sexual harassment etc.
RESPECT ONE ANOTHER. We can show our respect for one another by allowing all members the
opportunity to express their thoughts and feelings without interruption.
COMMON COURTESY. We are here to discuss our mental health and addictions issues/problems and our coping skills for them. Please refrain from discussing the topics of sex, politics and religion in this space.
SOBER POLICY. This is a safe space. If you attend under the influence you will be asked to leave.
DURING GROUP, WE SHOW RESPECT BY:
- Supporting each other with compassion – we all have times when we struggle more than others
- Make sure our cell phones are turned off or on vibrate
- Not partaking in side conversations, interrupting or talking over others
- Using appropriate language
- Sharing appropriately when it’s our turn to share
- Replacing judgement with curiosity
- Listening to each other with sensitivity – we all have a story
- Not jumping in to try to fix, save, advise, or set someone straight
- Letting the facilitator take care of the flow and structure
DURING VIRTAUL GROUPS:
- Leave cameras on
- Mute yourself when not speaking
- Ensure you are in a private area or wearing headphones to protect the confidentiality of all peers
- Reduce distractions for yourself and other peers; do not move around, eat, watch tv etc. while taking part in the group
- Participants cannot change their names; please ask the facilitator to do this for you
- Do not direct message other peers; if you have questions, please direct message the facilitator
Groups are safe and recovery focused. If a peer is struggling to follow the guidelines you will be gently reminded twice. If problems continue the peer will be asked to leave.